|Type of REU||Activities||Resources|
||NCWIT REU-in-a-BoxCISE Online REU PI Site|
||Local departmental or university undergraduate research programs|
Guidance on reading research papers
- How to Read an Engineering Research Paper, W. Griswold, UCSD
Advice on writing technical articles
- The Science of Scientific Writing, G. Gopen and J. Swan, American Scientist, 1990.
- Writing Technical Articles, H. Schulzrinne, Columbia University.
- How to get your papers published, Matt Welsh, 2009.
Advice on giving technical talks
- Giving Talks, S. Drysdale, Dartmouth College
Advice/Guidance on preparing research posters
- Research Posters 101, L. F. Cranor, Crossroads, 1996.
- How to Write a Research Poster, L. F. Cranor, Crossroads.
Exercises for Mentors to do with their Students